May 30th, 2012
… All those who buzzed my “Egg and Smoked Scamorza Pasta”, promoting it to Foodbuzz’s Top 9!
April 2nd, 2012
January 24th, 2012
… All those who buzzed my “Canederli”, promoting them to Foodbuzz’s Top 9!
January 22nd, 2012
January 8th, 2012
December 20th, 2011
… Manu, from Manu’s Menu for giving Quatro Fromaggio these 4 awards:
Manu is an extremely talented blogger and it’s a true honor to receive awards from her. And it’s also an honor to pass them on to… the latest Cannolo Award winners:
- Cara and Stefano from Due Spaghetti
- Fiona from Nuts about Food
- Frank from Memorie di Angelina
- Simona from Briciole
- Vivian from Italy in the City
- Do Not Call It Bolognese
- Vince from scordo.com
They all have wonderful blogs, filled with interesting information. If you don’t know them yet, go check them out 🙂
October 28th, 2011
As I was saying to Katherine, I was extremely lucky to win such a meaningful prize – this is the best possible giveaway that I can imagine.
October 1st, 2011
I chose “eggplant” as the theme ingredient for the October’s challenge – it’s an amazing vegetable that I’m sure it will inspire many great recipes. Good luck!
September 29th, 2011
Thanks Giulia for the Cherry On Top Award!
I just gave 7 facts about me and I don’t like to make it too much about me 🙂 So I’m going to change the rules (again!) and give 7 facts about this blog instead.
- It has absolutely no ads.
- So far, the recipes are all vegetarian.
- With very few exceptions, all the content is under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 License.
- Comments are un-moderated, but closely monitored.
- Right after posting my 7 Links, Pizzoccheri della Valtellina became the article with the highest number of hits, right now it has twice the hits than the second highest (Formaggio Cheese).
- The commenting system is the feature I’m the least happy with, I’ve tried a replacement but it didn’t work.
- The domain disgracesonthemenu.com was a friend’s idea – he was frustrated he could never type my old URL correctly! Thanks Marco 🙂
And now I’m going to pass on the award to bloggers I’ve been following for quite a while and that I have yet to give an award.
September 26th, 2011
Thanks Manu for The Versatile Blogger award!
As tradition goes, with accepting the award I am going to share 7 more facts about me. Here they are, in order of importance 🙂
- I like peppermint and I hate spearmint.
- I’m excited that both House and Dexter are starting soon.
- I don’t have any Facebook friends and I’m happy that way.
- I love taking recreational classes, from improvisation to pottery.
- I just started a jogging program and I’m hopeful I will stick to it.
- Two weeks ago I became a Canadian citizen.
- In April I’ll be getting married to a wonderful creature.
It’s also tradition that I now pass on the award to deserving bloggers. This time, however, I am going to change the rules 🙂
Please let me introduce the all-new Cannolo Award!
How does it work?
It can only be given to Authentic Italian Food Bloggers by another authentic Italian food blogger. Everyone blogging about authentic Italian food is eligible for the Cannolo award, not just those who were born in Italy.
What is the purpose of this award?
Preserve authentic Italian food.
Why is it just for the Italians?
Because I can really only recognize authentic Italian food. But if you agree with this philosophy then please go ahead and create your award! For instance, if you are an Authentic Japanese Food Blogger, then create the Wasabi Award and give it to other authentic Japanese food bloggers.
Am I taking this too seriously?
No, of course not – it’s a Cannolo! It’s really just a game 🙂
But without further ado, it’s my pleasure to give the Cannolo Award to (in alphabetical order):Amelia from Z Tasty LifeClaudia from Letizia GolosaGiulia from AlterkitchenManuela from Manu’s MenuPaola from An Italian Cooking in the Midwest
September 12th, 2011
September 4th, 2011
August 22nd, 2011
July 26th, 2011
June 7th, 2011
… Pola from An Italian Cooking in the Midwest for passing on a bunch of awards. I really like Pola’s blog and it’s a big honor to have been chosen! Here is one of the awards as a representative:
And I’m passing it on to (in alphabetical order):
- Claudia from Letizia Golosa – who has the most innovative photographic style that I’ve seen in a while.
- Kathy from Food Lover’s Odissey – one of the most influential food writers on French and Italian cuisine.
- Manu from Manu’s Menu – the true binding force that unites half a world of bloggers!
This time around, I’ve also let myself go a bit – here I go with the Seven Things You Don’t Know About Me game 🙂
- I live in Vancouver with my beautiful fiancée and our gorgeous cat. Yes, I’m surrounded by beauty.
- Living with a cat is also a personal success story, as I used to be severely allergic to cats.
- I am not a vegetarian but my fiancée is and I admire her philosophy. I think we should all eat less meat.
- I am an engineer and a video-games programmer for a living. It has been noted that my engineering background kind of emerges in some of my posts 🙂
- I love all kinds of cuisine and I consider myself a bit of an adventurous eater.
- I am a big fan of the reality Top Chef! I seriously considered hanging a photo of Tom Colicchio in our kitchen.
- I started this blog because I was exasperated by the many misconceptions on Italian food that I see every day around me. I don’t really care whether Italian food in North America is authentic or not – but it has to taste good!
May 29th, 2011
April 3rd, 2011
Manu has a great blog and it’s an honor for me to receive an award from her, especially because it gives me the opportunity to to pass it on to some of my favorite bloggers:
January 2nd, 2011